The Family Violence & Children’s Committee provides input to government on draft legislation and prevention initiatives. The committee also liaises with other ACT agencies and organisations to ensure the needs of family violence victims are represented when key decisions are being made. The committee keenly observes the progress of initiatives in other jurisdictions and provides up to date, expert advice on best practices in this area of the law. Membership of the committee comprises of some of the ACT’s most experienced family violence lawyers.
You can contact the committee directly through the Law Society's Committee Administrator on email@example.com.
- Lessli Strong, Australian Family Lawyers (Chair)
- Louisa Bartlett, Legal Aid ACT
- Rebecca Casey, Canberra Mediation & Law
- Adrian Curtis, Australian Family Lawyers
- Peter Dingwall, Tim Sharman - Solicitor
- Rosa Grahame, Women's Legal Centre
- Libby Reardon, Proximity
- Margie Rowe, Legal Aid ACT
- Bernadette Smyth, Chapman and Smyth Family Law