The Society offers a range of member benefits, including social, sporting, and networking events, general and specialist newsletters, a quarterly magazine, access to counselling and mediation services, and discounted commercial services. The Society also offers cost-effective professional development seminars. Members can maintain and build on their professional knowledge and skills by accessing the Society’s selection of relevant and practical courses at discounted prices.
As a member of the Law Society, you have access to a range of services, including:
- Confidential counselling and advice on business, ethical, and professional issues.
- A system of mentors and advisors to offer guidance, advice, and support.
- Access to a confidential counselling service available face to face or on line.
- Access to a range of resilience and wellbeing resources.
- Free use of meeting rooms, mediation spaces, and training facilities.
- Free Solicitor Identification Cards.
- Free Certificates of Fitness when moving jurisdiction.
- Free listing of legal Positions Vacant.
- Free listing of Missing Will notices.
- Reduced pricing for the ACT Contract for Sale.
- Commercial benefits negotiated for members.