The Society offers a range of member benefits, including social, sporting, and networking events, general and specialist newsletters, a quarterly magazine, access to counselling and mediation services, and discounted commercial services. The Society also offers cost-effective professional development seminars. Members can maintain and build on their professional knowledge and skills by accessing the Society’s selection of relevant and practical courses at discounted prices.
As a member of the Law Society, you have access to a range of services, including:
- Confidential counselling and advice on business, ethical, and professional issues.
- A system of mentors and advisors to offer guidance, advice, and support.
- Access to a confidential counselling service available face to face or on line.
- Access to a range of resilience and wellbeing resources.
- Free use of meeting rooms, mediation spaces, and training facilities.
- Free Solicitor Identification Cards.
- Free Certificates of Fitness when moving jurisdiction.
- Free listing of legal Positions Vacant.
- Free listing of Missing Will notices.
- Reduced pricing for the ACT Contract for Sale.
- Commercial benefits negotiated for members.
In this Section
Advice and support
Law Society members have access to a system of mentors and advisors to offer guidance, advice, and support.Find out more
We have several meeting rooms available for booking by members.Find out more
Solicitor ID Card
Complete this form to order a Solicitor Identification Card.Find out more
The Society has arranged several commercial benefits for its members.Find out more
The ACT Supreme Court reserved Judgments list.Find out more
The survey gives us a profile of the local profession, and helps us understand key issues impacting our members.Find out more