The International Law Committee has put together a table of useful links and documents of interest to international lawyers.
The International Lawyers Committee recommends the following resources from the NSW Law Society Young Lawyers International Law Committee.
The Practitioners Guide to International Law, second edition, provides an introductory overview of international law for Australian legal practitioners to facilitate greater understanding of the area. The Guide seeks to be a valuable practical resource for Australian legal practitioners in addressing international legal issues that could arise in their day to day practice.
The International Law Internship Guide provides a collection of a wide variety of internships available in the international law sphere in one place. The Guide is intended to be informative for students and young Australian legal practitioners interested in the many areas of international law.
The ACT Law Society acknowledges and thanks the NSW Law Society Young Lawyers International Law Committee for permission to use these links.
- Private International Law: The Private International Law Section of the Attorney-General's Department serves as the National Organ to the Hague Conference on Private International Law. This page contains information about serving a legal document across international borders; taking evidence across international borders; enforcing foreign judgments; and relevant Australian legislation.
- WorldLII International Law Library
- International Court of Justice (ICJ) case database
- WTO cases and legal texts
- American Society of International Law: Electronic Research Guide
- Australian National University: International and foreign law guide
- Australian National University: International refugee law guide
- Columbia University: Researching Public International Law
- Melbourne Journal of International Law (articles)
- Australian Year Book of International Law (articles)
- Indian Society of International Law (ISIL): Year Book of International Humanitarian and Refugee Law (articles)