The Government Law Committee has put together this table of useful documents in government practice.
The legislative framework for the APS: Links to Commonwealth legislation that impacts upon the functioning of the Australian Public Service. Other acts and regulations relevant to the human resources management function are also provided. Maintained by the Australian Public Service Commission.
Caretaker Conventions: Guidance on Caretaker Conventions issued by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
Commonwealth Procurement Rules: Commonwealth Procurement Rules issued under section 105B(1) of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013.
Commonwealth Grant Guidelines: Rules and Guidelines issued under section 105C of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013.
Procurement-connected policies: The Department of Finance's list of procurement-connected policies.
Flipchart of PGPA Act Commonwealth entities: The Department of Finance's flipchart showing Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 Commonwealth entities and companies.
Roadmap of PGPA Act to FMA and CAC Acts: Comparison between the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (which commenced on 1 July 2014), and the previous financial management framework set out in the Financial Management and Accountability Act 1997 and the Commonwealth Authorities and Companies Act 1997.
Commonwealth Contracting Suite: The CCS (for procurement under $1 million) streamlines and simplifies procurement processes. It was designed to be consistent with the Treasury Legislation Amendment (Small Business and Unfair Contract Terms) Act 2015, and creates uniformity across Commonwealth contracts to reduce the burden on businesses contracting with the Commonwealth Government.
Australian Privacy Principles: The Australian Privacy Principles from Schedule 1 of the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
Data Breaches: About the Notifiable Data Breaches scheme.
Credit Reporting: Australian privacy laws have strict rules about how credit providers and credit reporting bodies must handle your personal information.
Explanatory Memoranda Index: This index lists all items identified as Explanatory Memoranda or as Comparative Memoranda from 1901 to the end of 1982 (1st–32nd Parliaments).
- Public Service Act 1999
- Public Service Regulations 1999
- Australian Public Service Commissioners Directions 2016
- Public Service Classification Rules 2000
- Workplace Relations Regulations 2006
- Superannuation Act 2005
- Australian Public Service Enterprise Award 2015
- Maternity Leave (Commonwealth Employees) Act 1973
- Maternity Leave (Commonwealth Employees) Regulations 2017
- Long Service Leave (Commonwealth Employees) Act 1976
- Long Service Leave (Commonwealth Employees) Regulations 2016
- Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988
- Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Regulations 2019
Health & Safety
- Work Health and Safety Act 2011
- Work Health and Safety (Transitional and Consequential Provisions) Act 2011
Equality & Discrimination
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability
- Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013
- Public Governance, Performance and Accountability (Consequential and Transitional Provisions) Act 2014
- Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rules 2014
- Public Governance, Performance and Accountability (Consequential and Transitional Provisions) Rules 2014
- Public Governance, Performance and Accountability (Investment) Authorisation 2014
- Finance Minister’s delegation of powers and functions in PGPA legislation
Docket System: Guide to the Individual Docket System in the original jurisdiction of the Federal Court of Australia.
Case Management: Law Council of Australia Federal Court of Australia Case Management Handbook.
AUSTLII: Full Text Australian Legal Resources.
Jade: Current awareness service that collects recent decisions of selected Australian Courts and Tribunals.