Thursday, 9 September 2021
Support services during lockdown
Although the ACT is in lockdown, staying home may not be a safe option for some people. This page collates support services in the ACT and region that are still operating during lockdown.
- Emergency - 000
- Non-Emergency - 1800 333 000 (Crime Stoppers)
ACT Government Covid support
- Access help (includes financial support, food relief, grocery deliveries, residential tenants, vulnerable groups, etc)
ACT Community Legal Centres
ACT Community Legal Centres are continuing to deliver essential legal assistance and other support to the most vulnerable members of the Canberra community during the current COVID-19 outbreak. All ACT Community Legal Services are currently delivering services by phone, video or online.
- If you have questions about domestic and family violence or how to manage parenting arrangements during the lockdown, Women's Legal ACT have prepared a fact sheet: Family & Domestic Violence and Family Law - 2021 Lockdown
- You can leave lockdown to escape domestic violence. For support, call Legal Aid ACT on 1300 654 314, Victim Support ACT on 6205 2222, or the Domestic Violence Crisis Service on 6280 0900.
- Canberra Community Law have launched a website covering common legal areas that have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic: Canberra COVID-19 Legal Help
The ACT Law Society is pleased to provide support to residents of Queanbeyan, and we can refer you to local NSW services where appropriate.
Shoalcoast Community Legal Centre is continuing to offer telephone advice appointments during COVID lockdown on all general civil law issues. Shoalcoast CLC can also provide legal advice to people on COVID related issues such as employment, financial hardship, tenancy, fines, parenting arrangements, family law, domestic violence and victims support, and other civil law matters. Clients should call 1800 229 529 or email@example.com to arrange a telephone appointment.
- 13 11 14 (24/7 crisis support)
- 1300 789 978 (24/7 counselling)
- 1300 224 636
- Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service
- 1300 659 467
Domestic or family violence
- 24 Hour Crisis Line (02) 6280 0900
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Contact for advice or to apply for an urgent FVO
- Call 6207 1874 or 1300 654 314
- Text 0427 143 401
- Counselling (02) 6205 2222
- 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Phone (02) 6257 4377
- Referrals - https://wlc.org.au/refer-a-client/referral-form/
- 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Risk of homelessness
- 1800 176 468
- Monday to Friday - 8am to 6pm; Saturday and Sunday - 12.30pm to 5pm
- 6247 2525 (7am to 11pm, 7 days a week)
- 1800 RESPECT (737 732)
- WebChat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Family support services
- Advice and representation services continue by phone: 1300 654 314
- 6124 3800
- 1300 364 277
- National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
- Care Consumer Law program on 02 6143 0044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Care Consumer Law Factsheets
The ACT Law Society thanks the ACT & Region Family Law Pathways Network for initial compilation of this list.