The Civil Litigation Committee focuses on civil law such as personal injury. Membership of the committee is a mix of personal injury lawyers and other commercial lawyers. The committee includes the Registrars of the Supreme and Magistrates Courts, as well as senior representatives of ACAT.
Some projects of the committee include:
- liaising with the Australian Federal Police about delays in providing reports and documents;
- delays in processing of Centrelink clearances in personal injury settlements;
- liaising with the Joint Rules Advisory Committee on the introduction of electronic file management; and
- a review of the cost structure under the Court Procedures Rules.
You can contact the committee directly through the Law Society's Committee Administrator on email@example.com.
- Richard Faulks (Chair)
- Charlene Barriga
- Walter Hawkins
- John Henry
- Kristen Hurford
- Jesse Iliopoulos
- Sarah McJannett
- Paul Smith
- Ellen Teys
- James Treloar
- Helen Banks* (ACT Magistrates Court)
- Kristy Carter (ACAT)
- Kahlia Jenkins* (Young Lawyers Committee)
- Jayne Reece* (ACT Supreme Court)
- Elissa Steel* (ACT Law Courts and Tribunals)
* Attend on a rotational basis