Friday, 3 November 2023
Committee Expression of Interest Now Open
The biennial Committee Expression of Interest process is now open!
This is your opportunity to join us in supporting the Law Society’s essential work in a range of areas. Your involvement in the committees doesn’t just benefit the Society, but can enhance your professional growth, provide networking opportunities, and ultimately allow you to make a valuable contribution. Depending on the committee this could include impacting on developments in the law, or informing the Society’s position on issues that are important to you.
Expressions of Interest are open to everyone, and we encourage all members to consider applying, regardless of age or experience. Diversity in the committees and the different perspectives this brings will be a strength.
The Society’s committees are formed to align with our overarching purpose and strategic goals. This year, we are excited to introduce a more flexible approach to encourage active member participation. We've taken your feedback to heart, listening to the insights of our dedicated committee members and the results of our recent member survey.
Areas of Impact:
- Policy and Law Reform: Participate in shaping the legal landscape by influencing policy changes and law reforms that align with our shared values.
- Education of the Profession: Contribute to the development of educational programs and resources to enhance the skills and knowledge of legal professionals.
- Education of the Community: Engage in initiatives that educate the public about legal matters, enhancing access to justice and promoting legal literacy.
- Connecting and Encouraging a Collegiate Profession: Foster a sense of unity and collaboration among legal professionals, creating a supportive and inclusive community.
- Advocating and Representing a Segment or Practice Area: Offer your expertise to advocate for specific segments or practice areas, providing the Law Society with invaluable insights and guidance.
Your Contribution Matters:
We value your dedication, and we believe that together, we can make a positive impact on our profession and society at large. Our commitment to adapt and evolve means that we are now offering diverse avenues for members to contribute. Whether you have limited time to spare or can dedicate more, there is a role for you in our committees.
Express Your Interest:
Don't miss this opportunity to be a driving force for positive change. Visit the Joining a commitee page for more details and to submit your expression of interest today. Your contribution, no matter how big or small, is highly valued. Join us in shaping the future of the legal profession!